Universal High Voltage Regulated Power Supply — Application for HV ceramic capacitor– https://hv-caps.biz
Adjustable Up to 35,000 Volts • Includes Current-Reducing Lead for Safe “Shockless” Operation • Can also serve as a Low Capacitance Charger and Voltage Integrity Tester
|Highly reliable and versatile power supply for many high voltage laboratory and research applications.
Great for ion sources, object charging, EMP generators, electro kinetic and pulse magnetic systems. Can also be used to charge small energy HV capacitors such as ceramic discs, doorknob capacitors and similar types. Also for HI POT testing or as a testing system to verify standoff voltage ratings (such types of capacitors are often used in multipliers or systems that may be potted, so verifying these capacitors prevents costly repairs should one fail).
A “safe mode” of operation is achieved by using the included shock-reducing lead which limits current to 200uA, allowing for full high voltage output with a minimal shock hazard. This mode is useful for safe studies in cold plasma (where many interesting experiments produce visual and seemingly amazing displays), ions, corona, stable electric fields, and other very low-current applications. The low current reduces possible painful electrical shocks if improper contact is made, which makes the power supply suitable for use in schools and by the younger hobbyist. This low current mode also provides a convenient way of testing capacitors and multiplier circuits to verify performance before potting is done, preventing costly rework.
This is a voltage-regulated power supply; see the HV350 for our current-regulated version.
- Adjustable output up to 20kV at 1 milliamp / 35kV at 700ua.
- Front panel adjustable voltage control with voltmeter, with a panel lamp to indicate “in or out” of regulation.
- Output is voltage regulated through the output current range.
- Special output connector for “Safe Mode” operation. “Normal Operation” at full power uses a normal lead. Both leads are included.
- Open- and short-circuit protected.
- Output is end-point grounded for convenience.
- Unit is powered by an included 3-wire grounded 12VDC 4A adapter (runs on 110-240VAC wall power for both US and international use), and a 2.5mm plug with wire leads is also included should you want to run the power supply from a 12VDC battery.
- Small and light weight, approximately 8″L x 4.25″W x 4.5″H. Made of an aluminum base with a military gray PVC cover.
- Highly reliable device can be used for powering ion sources, antigravity lifters, object charging, EMP experimenting, electro kinetic and pulse magnetic systems. Excellent for many laboratory and research applications.
- This unit has been approved by our testing labs to be around younger students and hobbyists. Nevertheless, qualified adult supervision is suggested.
|Lower Cost Manually-Operated Charger and Power Supply
|Ideal for testing door knob and high voltage disk ceramic capacitors to over 30kV
These low powered devices may be used for battery or solar applications. They are short circuit proof and suitable for capacitor charging without a current limiting resistor. They may also be used as low power high voltage power supplies.
Small lightweight unit measuring 5-½ x 2-¼ x 1-½” converts 12V DC to over 30kV DC for charging capacitors or just supplying a potential. Use the included adapter for wall power (runs on 110-240VAC for US or international operation), or can be used with 8 AA alkaline batteries in a cradle (not included) that can produce >90,000 Joules (!). The charge rate is about 0.25 joule/sec. Higher voltage units available on request.
This device is best-suited for use with our ceramic capacitors or similar (taking care to not overcharge the smaller capacitors). For charging photo flash and electrolytic capacitors (or similar), the CHARGE800V is better suited.
An external voltmeter is required to monitor charge. Small value capacitors must be charged by merely tapping the charge push button, as voltage value can be easily and quickly exceeded.